NEW PRICE REDUCTION! 1957 River View Drive, Gainesville 1.01 acre, 123 feet waterfront plus comes with a Covered dock space at the community Dock! Now $190,000, FMLS #7024100, Jennifer Anderson 770-356-2629 Build your Dream home here on this premium 1 acre lot that comes with a deeded covered single slip at the community’s boat dock. Located in North Hall’s Old River Pointe luxury lake subdivision, this lot offers 123 feet of lake frontage. The lot is in a private cul-de-sac of seven custom homes and offers vista views from either side of the bridge. Trees were left on the lot border for privacy. Conveniently located to downtown Gainesville, excellent public & private schools, Laurel Park, Atlanta Botanical Gardens North, Olympic Rowing Venue, Don Carter Park and more.
Just Listed: $99,000, 2212 NW Huntingdon Court, Gainesville 30506 , Beautiful 1.08 acre lakefront lot in Sidney on Lanier upscale lake community. Seasonal lake views and lake access for kayaks and fishing! 112 feet of CORPS front and access, but no dock and not dockable. Nearby boat ramps, Gainesville Marina and Chattahoochee Country Club are great options for lake life and your boat! Sheila Davis 770-329-7602 View virtual tour: https://tinyturls.com/250246
Just Sold on Lake Lanier in the exclusive Lyonesse Estates: 8420 Lyonesse Drive $225,000! Congratulations to our Agent, Stephanie Gillespie and her buyers on the purchase of this ready to build lot with a deeded boat slip!
The market is still ? hot and a great time to Buy or sell a home or lot! If you would like help buying your own piece of paradise on the Lake, contact Stephanie Gillespie at 770-654-4161??⛵️
Sold! in The Reserve Club & Marina on Lake Lanier, 7550 Crestline Dr, a gorgeous new construction home. Congratulations to Sheila Davis Agent, Stephanie Gillespie and our Seller, Builder, Don Rogers – Prostar on the sale of this home! You can reach Stephanie at 770-654-4161 for help with buying or selling a home or property or Contact Us Here It has never been a better time to Buy or Sell a home!
Just Sold on Lake Lanier: 5431 Mayflower Court, Gainesville in the new luxury Lake Lanier Community on a peninsula, Bay Pointe. Congratulations to Sheila Davis Agent, Stephanie Gillespie & her Buyer on the sale of this gorgeous waterfront lot with a boat slip. You can reach Stephanie at 770-654-4161 for help with buying or selling a home or property or Contact us here It has never been a better time to Buy or Sell a home!
Sold on Lake Lanier: 4244 Bayridge Drive, Gainesville near the Olympic rowing venue. Congratulations to Sheila Davis Agent, Stephanie Gillespie & her Seller on the sale of this awesome Lakefront lot. You can reach Stephanie at 770-654-4161 for help with buying or selling a home or property or https://www.sheiladavisco.com/norton-agency-lake-lanier-homes-contact/ It has never been a better time to Buy or Sell a home!
$269,000 Build your Lake Lanier home here: 3501 Monroe Circle, a beautiful 1 acre lake lot with a private dock, Excellent location + DEEP water + a protected cove. Located off the main channel for easy access to Gainesville Marina and within walking distance to Duckett Mill boat launch. Call or text agent, Michelle Sparks 404-379-5798, FMLS #6770599, 3501 Monroe Circle, Gainesville, GA 30506, LISTING DETAILS HERE
virtual tour: https://tinyturls.com/220961
By Sheila Davis, Lead Agent Sheila Davis Group
2020 Lake Sales Surge: 2019 was a banner year for Lake Lanier real estate, and 2020 rolled in with optimism. In March, the Pandemic hit and quieted the market for about six weeks. During that period, the online virtual showings were strong, and some onsite showings were happening under COVID-19 guidelines. In May the large pent-up demand created a flurry of showings and sales between May and December. Full price and over list multiple offers were flying for attractive homes on good lots. January of 2021 will begin with a historically low inventory of only 62 lake homes. 2019 began the year with 200 homes available, and that was a record low. The stage is set for another Seller’s Market in 2021, although Buyers are also winners gaining a spot at the lake!
- 510 lake homes with private docks or homes in neighborhoods with marina style dock access sold in 2020, a 40% increase over 2019. 401 lake homes with private docks closed vs 329 last year, a 22% increase.
The average sales price for a home with a private dock was $781,697, an increase of 21.7%. The average sales price of all Lake Lanier homes, including homes in neighborhoods with boat slips at neighborhood marinas, was $650,000, a 5% increase overall.
- The average sales to list price was 96.2% and Days on Market was 75, compared to last year’s 95.7% and 108 Days on Market.
- Luxury Lake Is Hot: Luxury lake sales really took off in 2020. 160 homes over $800,000 sold vs 88 in 2019. A record 90 homes over $1,000,000 sold vs only 26 in 2019! Days on market was just 97 days, and the list to sales price was 94.5%. Many homes sold at full price or more with multiple offers, predominately in the $800,000 to $1,200,000 range. Luxury homes made up 31% of lake homes sales against last year’s 17%. It was a seller’s market with on average only 40 homes available at a time. In years past there have been over 100 homes on the market for buyers to choose from. With demand high and supply low, sellers should not delay, and list first quarter of 2021.
- Second Home Demand Increases in Pandemic: With “work at home” and “school at home” in 2020, it is not surprising Lake Lanier has seen many more buyers wanting a safe haven away from the cities. Lake Lanier never shut down and was a safe haven that enabled residents to enjoy outdoor recreation, while working and schooling from home. Many buyers are still chasing that elusive lake cottage under $500,000, IF they can find it. These properties are scooped up in a day or two and with multiple offers, so act fast when you see it.
- Migration from Other States: Lake Lanier has seen increased migration from out of state buyers leaving pandemic locked down states for job opportunities, better quality of life and weather, with less restrictions and taxes. Our beautiful lake is attractive to those moving from other waterfront areas and Buyers see our prices as more appealing.
Multi-Slip Subdivisions Gain Popularity: New and existing lake neighborhoods with marina style docks were hot as builders’ spec homes, custom builds and resales hit the market, contributing to a 40% in increase in total lake homes sold. Subdivisions such as The Reserve at Lake Lanier, Hickory Lakeside, Dawson Pointe, Chestatee on Lake Lanier, Chestatee Cove on the west side of the lake and Marina Bay, Harbour Point, Summercrest and others, on mid and north lake, and Cresswind at Lake Lanier and Bay Point on the southeast side, have provided new home and resale options for buyers wanting a more traditional neighborhood feel and amenities.
- Year of Rain Continues the Trend of High Lake Levels: A full lake is always good for lake recreation and home sales, although I must say a few more sunny weekends this year would be nice! Thanks to rain and good CORPS management, the lake levels have been high for over three years, and except for a few years it dropped just below 1065, it has been consistently high since 2011.
Boat Dock Upgrades, Safety and Maintenance: Boats are getting larger and making larger wakes due to the popularity of wake boarding and wake surfing. There are only about 30 days a year of big traffic days, but homeowners are seeing the need to maintenance and replace old docks to adapt to the increased lake activity and larger boats. Homes with newer docks with larger boat slips are in demand and well maintained and safe docks are better received by Buyers.
- Lake Homes Trends: Updated kitchens and baths have been a top priority for lake buyers for years. With the pandemic, we are now seeing the resurgence of the home office(s) and zoom spaces as work and school at home have been in the spotlight. Buyers also are attracted to comfortable outdoor spaces such as covered decks and patios, pools, hot tubs, fireplaces and fire pit areas.
Sheila Davis is the lead agent at LakeLaniersFinest.com, a VP and Partner at The Norton Agency in Gainesville, a LLA Board Member and a Lake Lanier resident for 26 years. The Sheila Davis Real Estate Group is #1 in Lake Lanier Sales and sold $70 over million in 2020, with the 89.62% in Lake sales.
7550 Crestline Drive, Dawsonville, new construction home in The Reserve Club and Marina gated Lake Lanier neighborhood! 4BR | 3.5 BA, The Embry Hills house plan by Frank Betz is a Craftsman design with defining features such a covered front porch, shed dormer and steep gables. The main floor has an open plan featuring vaulted family room, spacious kitchen with island and dining area. The covered porch with fireplace will be a favorite family gathering spot. The owner’s suite is on the first level with spa like bath and generous walk-in closet. A main level guest suite can double as an office. The upper level has two bedrooms with walk-in closets and a shared bath. There is also a finished bonus room above the two-car garage for additional multipurpose space. Quality construction by local builder Prostar Ventures. Don’t miss the opportunity to buy this dream home in a gated community with pool and clubhouse that overlooks the marina on Lake Lanier! FMLS #6753665, $627,900, Stephanie Gillespie 770-654-4161 or Michelle Sparks 404-379-5798, Nicole Columbo 678-858-0265.
Build your dream home on this beautiful Lake Lanier lot leveled & ready to build! Soft walk down to the double slip 32 x 32 dock w/party deck. BIG views and DEEP water! A quiet and tranquil neighborhood with beautiful trees. It truly is a great opportunity to live on gorgeous Lake Lanier. FMLS # 6719447, $249,000 Jennifer Anderson 770-356-2629 2425 Winterview Ridge, Gainesville Read more here