Elegant 6 bedroom, 5 bath Builder’s personal home in the Sidney on Lanier neighborhood with seasonal lake views, a gorgeous pool, outdoor fireplace, finished Terrace level +much more, $1,100,000, FMLS #6952791, Sheila Davis 770-235-6907 Click here for more listing details
Lake front on Lanier in the city! 186 Thompson Place, Gainesville waterfront 4BR | 3.5BA with one level living, large flat grassy backyard w/room for a pool, level walk or golf cart ride to the lake and a private platform dock with an EZ Dock wave runner platform and room to dock your boat $875,000, FMLS#6932728, Nicole Columbo 678-858-0265 or Sheila Davis 770-235-6907
Peaceful neighborhood just across Thompson Bridge Road from the Chattahoochee Country Club and Marina plus the golf course, park, boat ramps and just minutes to downtown Gainesville, schools, shopping, Northeast GA Medical district, and several churches. See Additional Listing Details here
Just Listed on Lanier – 7480 Fields Drive: Rare lakefront grass to water “point lot” with level yard, amazing sunsets and expansive shoreline is lake living at it’s finest! Located on South Lake in Cumming’s Young Deer Creek area just off GA 400, is this clean and well maintained lakeside charming cottage. The slider off of the dining area leads out to the wrap around back deck that offers panoramic views of Lake Lanier. There is plenty of storage room that would offer more space to upgrade to make it your own or tear down to build your dream home. The current boat slip is a single slip covered dock on deep water that has electricity with potential to upgrade the dock size to 32×32. The screened in porch off the kitchen is the perfect spot to wind down after a day on the lake. The patios offer plenty of space to relax and enjoy the day. The backyard has cherry trees, dogwoods, hardwoods and Georgia pines that provide some privacy and offer tranquility of the beautiful view of Lake Lanier. The incredible backyard is amazing for entertaining guests and is big enough to add a pool or outdoor living space. The basement has a kitchenette and bathroom for easy access into the house. Cedar board and batten with brick front exterior. Landscaped front yard with magnolia tree, rose bushes and hydrangeas offer nice curb appeal. Close to Bald Ridge and Port Royale marinas, shopping, restaurants and medical. This is truly a special place to call home!
Just Sold on Lake Lanier: 5431 Mayflower Court, Gainesville in the new luxury Lake Lanier Community on a peninsula, Bay Pointe. Congratulations to Sheila Davis Agent, Stephanie Gillespie & her Buyer on the sale of this gorgeous waterfront lot with a boat slip. You can reach Stephanie at 770-654-4161 for help with buying or selling a home or property or Contact us here It has never been a better time to Buy or Sell a home!
New on the market: 220 Thompson Place 4-sided Stately Brick home with a gentle walk to your private dock, 4BR | 3.5BA, Single slip dock with party deck. Hardwoods in main living areas, sprawling kitchen layout, screened in porch. Ready for your personal touches! Spacious master suite features built ins. Finished Terrace level features a second fireplace, stained concrete, and kitchenette. Fenced backyard. $679,000, FMLS#6855096 Nicole Columbo 678-858-0265 Virtual tour: https://tinyturls.com/389237 Additional listing details & photos https://search.sheiladavisco.com/idx/details/listing/c032/6855096/220-THOMPSON-Place-Gainesville-GA-30506?widgetReferer=true
By Sheila Davis, Lead Agent Sheila Davis Group
2020 Lake Sales Surge: 2019 was a banner year for Lake Lanier real estate, and 2020 rolled in with optimism. In March, the Pandemic hit and quieted the market for about six weeks. During that period, the online virtual showings were strong, and some onsite showings were happening under COVID-19 guidelines. In May the large pent-up demand created a flurry of showings and sales between May and December. Full price and over list multiple offers were flying for attractive homes on good lots. January of 2021 will begin with a historically low inventory of only 62 lake homes. 2019 began the year with 200 homes available, and that was a record low. The stage is set for another Seller’s Market in 2021, although Buyers are also winners gaining a spot at the lake!
- 510 lake homes with private docks or homes in neighborhoods with marina style dock access sold in 2020, a 40% increase over 2019. 401 lake homes with private docks closed vs 329 last year, a 22% increase.
The average sales price for a home with a private dock was $781,697, an increase of 21.7%. The average sales price of all Lake Lanier homes, including homes in neighborhoods with boat slips at neighborhood marinas, was $650,000, a 5% increase overall.
- The average sales to list price was 96.2% and Days on Market was 75, compared to last year’s 95.7% and 108 Days on Market.
- Luxury Lake Is Hot: Luxury lake sales really took off in 2020. 160 homes over $800,000 sold vs 88 in 2019. A record 90 homes over $1,000,000 sold vs only 26 in 2019! Days on market was just 97 days, and the list to sales price was 94.5%. Many homes sold at full price or more with multiple offers, predominately in the $800,000 to $1,200,000 range. Luxury homes made up 31% of lake homes sales against last year’s 17%. It was a seller’s market with on average only 40 homes available at a time. In years past there have been over 100 homes on the market for buyers to choose from. With demand high and supply low, sellers should not delay, and list first quarter of 2021.
- Second Home Demand Increases in Pandemic: With “work at home” and “school at home” in 2020, it is not surprising Lake Lanier has seen many more buyers wanting a safe haven away from the cities. Lake Lanier never shut down and was a safe haven that enabled residents to enjoy outdoor recreation, while working and schooling from home. Many buyers are still chasing that elusive lake cottage under $500,000, IF they can find it. These properties are scooped up in a day or two and with multiple offers, so act fast when you see it.
- Migration from Other States: Lake Lanier has seen increased migration from out of state buyers leaving pandemic locked down states for job opportunities, better quality of life and weather, with less restrictions and taxes. Our beautiful lake is attractive to those moving from other waterfront areas and Buyers see our prices as more appealing.
Multi-Slip Subdivisions Gain Popularity: New and existing lake neighborhoods with marina style docks were hot as builders’ spec homes, custom builds and resales hit the market, contributing to a 40% in increase in total lake homes sold. Subdivisions such as The Reserve at Lake Lanier, Hickory Lakeside, Dawson Pointe, Chestatee on Lake Lanier, Chestatee Cove on the west side of the lake and Marina Bay, Harbour Point, Summercrest and others, on mid and north lake, and Cresswind at Lake Lanier and Bay Point on the southeast side, have provided new home and resale options for buyers wanting a more traditional neighborhood feel and amenities.
- Year of Rain Continues the Trend of High Lake Levels: A full lake is always good for lake recreation and home sales, although I must say a few more sunny weekends this year would be nice! Thanks to rain and good CORPS management, the lake levels have been high for over three years, and except for a few years it dropped just below 1065, it has been consistently high since 2011.
Boat Dock Upgrades, Safety and Maintenance: Boats are getting larger and making larger wakes due to the popularity of wake boarding and wake surfing. There are only about 30 days a year of big traffic days, but homeowners are seeing the need to maintenance and replace old docks to adapt to the increased lake activity and larger boats. Homes with newer docks with larger boat slips are in demand and well maintained and safe docks are better received by Buyers.
- Lake Homes Trends: Updated kitchens and baths have been a top priority for lake buyers for years. With the pandemic, we are now seeing the resurgence of the home office(s) and zoom spaces as work and school at home have been in the spotlight. Buyers also are attracted to comfortable outdoor spaces such as covered decks and patios, pools, hot tubs, fireplaces and fire pit areas.
Sheila Davis is the lead agent at LakeLaniersFinest.com, a VP and Partner at The Norton Agency in Gainesville, a LLA Board Member and a Lake Lanier resident for 26 years. The Sheila Davis Real Estate Group is #1 in Lake Lanier Sales and sold $70 over million in 2020, with the 89.62% in Lake sales.
7550 Crestline Drive, Dawsonville, new construction home in The Reserve Club and Marina gated Lake Lanier neighborhood! 4BR | 3.5 BA, The Embry Hills house plan by Frank Betz is a Craftsman design with defining features such a covered front porch, shed dormer and steep gables. The main floor has an open plan featuring vaulted family room, spacious kitchen with island and dining area. The covered porch with fireplace will be a favorite family gathering spot. The owner’s suite is on the first level with spa like bath and generous walk-in closet. A main level guest suite can double as an office. The upper level has two bedrooms with walk-in closets and a shared bath. There is also a finished bonus room above the two-car garage for additional multipurpose space. Quality construction by local builder Prostar Ventures. Don’t miss the opportunity to buy this dream home in a gated community with pool and clubhouse that overlooks the marina on Lake Lanier! FMLS #6753665, $627,900, Stephanie Gillespie 770-654-4161 or Michelle Sparks 404-379-5798, Nicole Columbo 678-858-0265.
$1,800,000, Congratulations to our Agent Nicole Columbo and our Sellers on the sale of this Beautiful Lake Estate. 6544 Yacht Club Drive, If you are considering selling your Lake Lanier home – We have several Buyers in the market now and would love to talk with you, Please give us a call at 770-235-6907 or you can reach Nicole at 678-858-0265. Or complete this contact form https://www.sheiladavisco.com/norton-agency-lake-lanier…/
Just sold on Lake Lanier in the Point West neighborhood, 5730 Point West Drive, $1,750,000, Gorgeous home with the most incredible lake views! Congratulations to our Sellers and to the new owners of this lovely home.
If you are thinking of selling your Lake Lanier home now or in the future, please give Sheila Davis a call 770-235-6907
Just sold after only 3 days on the market! Congratulations to our agent, Linda Thompson and our Seller as well as the new owners! You can reach Linda at 770-313-5446 or 770-235-6907 for help with selling or buying a home! https://www.sheiladavisco.com/